Monday, November 13, 2006

iSCSI targets in Ubuntu

No real contribution here: I just followed the directions on the Ubuntu forums

Then I went to the Microsoft web site and searched for 'iscsi driver' and found this link.

Install the software found there or at whatever updated link you find.

By default this will stick the software in your programs menu. (Start button, programs, Microsoft iSCSI Initiator) Read the readme file. It takes you through a couple of steps to test the connection and then make it. In Device Manager, I can see the MS iSCSI Initiator under SCSI and RAID Controllers, and an 'IET Virtual-Disk SCSI Disk Device' under disk drives.
I don't see how to partition and format. The Disk Manager had a problem, because I disabled the Logical Disk Manager services.

Ah, all is well now that I enabled those services. Disk Manager shows the disk, and I can create a partition and format it, just as if it were a local disk.

Just as advertised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home